The GoldenFire Department is hosting an Ice Rescue Trainer class in Golden, CO this January 19-21, 2018.
The Ice Rescue Trainer Program is uniquely designed for public safety personnel. This course presents ice rescue training in a practical and efficient system, giving trainers the tools to build a competent and safe team. Successful Ice Rescue Trainer graduates will return to their departments with a complete training system. With the purchase of student kits from Dive Rescue International, trainers will be able to conduct in-house ice rescue training for departmental personnel. This is a surface rescue program and does not involve diving.
Course Topics Include:
- Teaching the Adult Learner
- Preparation and Effective Presentation of the Ice Rescue Program
- Testing and Evaluation of Students
- Identifying and Evaluating Ice Strength and Formation
- How Cold Affects a Victim
- Equipment and Manpower Considerations
- Scene Evaluation
- Assessment of Risk/Benefit Factors