CMI Ultrascenders – Large
$95.30 – $110.28
The CMI Large Ultrascender body is extruded from aircraft grade aluminum and stainless steel. The aluminum body is finished with a hard powder coat to permanently protect it from the elements. This ascender easily accommodates 5/8″ ropes. Numerous tie-in points accommodate the largest carabiners in use today. The 17-4PH stainless steel springs in this Large Ultrascender are tested to over a million cycles, simulating lifetimes of the most demanding use. Newly redesigned with a more aggressive grip and a thumb notch to simplify retraction. The cams are cast from 4140 chrome-moly steel and finished with an exclusive non-metallic finish to to give them the same corrosion resistance as stainless steel. CMI guarantees their cams for life–if you can wear one out, they will replace it–free!
- Designed to be the most convenient and easy to use ascenders around
- Ergonomically designed safety mechanism is integrated into the handle channel for maximum ease of use in long “over the lip” stretches
- Thumb notch in the cam top simplifies full cam retraction
- Molded handgrip for maximum comfort on those long pulls
- Cams are 4140 chrome-moly steel allowing a new, patented, non-metallic finish to the cams
- The finish gives the cams the same corrosion resistance as stainless steel yet increases both the tensile and yield strength
- These cams are guaranteed by CMI against wear out for life
- Extruded and machined bodies, stainless steel springs and operating parts
- Length: 19x8cm
- Weight: 270g
- Breaking Strength: 4,600 lbs.
- Available in Right and Left as well as NFPA approved