OTS Buddy Phone® D2 for Guardian Masks
The OTS Buddy Phone® D2 for Guardian Masks is a digital, micro-miniature, ultrasonic transceiver allowing communication between two or more scuba divers or surface stations. Using “Digital Signal Processing” (DSP) techniques, the Buddy Phone produces uncompromising speech clarity. The Buddy Phone® D2 differs from the older “standard” Buddy Phone in that it is digitally controlled and has some fantastic new features such as: a voice menu to guide you adjust your Volume, change from channel A to Channel B or put the Buddy Phone in a continuous voice transmission mode.
Voice Menu: When you submerge with a D2 Buddy Phone, you will hear the voice system say “Buddy Phone ON, frequency A (B), channel one (four), volume High (Medium, Low),” depending on the prior dive’s settings. Changing a setting is easy and can be done while underwater. Depress the Push-to-talk switch (PTT) three times quickly and hold the third depression until you hear “main menu – volume, channel, continuous transmit.” When you hear the main menu selections, simply depress the PTT to select one of the choices. The unit will make the selection and go back to the receive mode. If you don’t make a selection after the menu repeats twice, the D2 Buddy Phone goes out of the main selection menu and back to the receive mode (see operators manual for a more detail explanation) (note: continuous transmit mode allows the user to talk, hands free. This was requested by many movie makers and scientist who talk on camera often).
- Uses ultrasonic upper single sideband for transmission
- Complete with an IS cover plate with Push-to-Talk button, a HotMic® and the main transceiver
- Compatible with Interspiro Divator Masks
- Nominal range 50-500 meters depending on sea conditions and noise levels
- Operates to a depth of 130 ft. of sea water
- Uses alkaline 9V transistor type battery or a Ultralife® lithium 9-volt cell