Recertification – Dive Rescue 1 Student
There is a maximum of one recertification per order. The student’s name is required to purchase this item. The recertificaton link will be emailed with the order confirmation and receipt.
If paying with a purchase order, access to the recertification link may be delayed as purchase orders are only processed during business hours.
In an attempt to ensure proficiency and safety during public safety diving operations, Dive Rescue 1 Specialists (DR1) are required to recertify every 3 years. Upon completion, ALL students will receive a Dive Rescue Specialist Recertification Card and Skills Update Sticker.
If you are already expired, please contact Dive Rescue International before purchasing this recertification.
NOTE: It is the sole responsibility of the DR1 Student to notify Dive Rescue International of any address/department changes.
Dive Rescue 1 Specialist (Student) Recertification
- Possess a current Public Safety Diver or recreational SCUBA certificate through a recognized agency.
- Ensure your mailing address, email address, department/organization or telephone number are up-to-date since your initial DR1 training or your last recertification. Contact us at email@example.com to update your student profile, if needed.
- Successful completion of the IADRS Watermanship Test and SCUBA Skills Review within 12 months prior to the recertification date
- Complete the online DR1 recertification exam (with a score of 85 % or higher)
The following paperwork must also be completed at the time of DR1 recertification:
- DRI Recertification Acknowledgement
- Copy of 18 logged dives during the last 3 year period (6 dives must be in the last 12 months, and 1 pool dive per year is allowed)
NOTE: Logged dives should include the following information if possible: dive tender’s name, supervisor or team leader’s name, nature of dive, date, location, bottom time and water type (i.e. depth, visibility and temperature).