Recertificaton – Swiftwater Rescue Trainer
There is a maximum of one recertification per order. The trainer’s name is required to purchase this item. The recertification link will be emailed with the order confirmation and receipt.
If paying with a purchase order, access to the recertification link may be delayed as purchase orders are only processed during business hours.
In an attempt to ensure competency, proficiency and safety during public safety diving operations, Swiftwater Rescue Trainers (SWRT) are required to recertify every 3 years.
If you are already expired, please contact Dive Rescue International before purchasing this recertification.
NOTE: It is the sole responsibility of the SWR Trainer to notify Dive Rescue International of any address/department changes.
Swiftwater Rescue Trainer Recertification
- Teach/co-teach a minimum of one initial or refresher Swiftwater Rescue/Swiftwater Rescue II programs within the three-year certification period
- Submit all Dive Rescue International (DRI) SWR class rosters, Emergency Action Plan and Submission Forms (one submission form for each trainer of SWR class) within 10 days of class completion
- Ensure your mailing address, email address, department/organization or telephone number are up-to-date since your initial SWRT class or your last recertification. Contact us at [email protected] to update your trainer profile, if needed.
- Complete the online SWRT recertification exam (with a score of 85% or higher)
The following paperwork must also be completed for SWRT recertification:
- A signed copy of the Swiftwater Rescue Trainer Standards and Agreements
- A current Medical History Statement (does not need to be signed by a physician)
- Signed copy of the Statement of Understanding and Liability Release and Express Assumption of Risk
- Proof of current CPR
- Proof of current First Aid, EMT or Paramedic certification
- Departmental Sponsorship Letter (Sample Sponsorship Letter)
- Instructed one or more Swiftwater Rescue Student certification or update class(es) within the last three years and turned in all required paperwork (Student Roster, EAP, and Submission Form).
- Optional: Digital photograph or selfie (for new trainer card)