Please join Dive Rescue International and Instructor Mark Brooks on May 7, 2021 for a remote-learning Visual Cylinder Inspection class via Zoom.
This certification program trains and prepares personnel to complete specialized SCUBA and SCBA cylinder inspections, the importance of which is sometimes overlooked or ignored. Alternatively, Public safety departments commonly use outside companies to provide SCUBA and SCBA cylinder inspections. This program trains personnel to inspect cylinders in-house. The 8-hour course is suited for those new to visual inspection as well as those who have been inspecting without formal training. Subjects include:
• Cylinder Inspection Guidelines and Standards
• Use of Specialized Inspection Equipment
• Hands-On Cylinder Inspection Lab
Be sure to Bring:
- Pen/pencil and paper for note-taking.
- Access to the internet and a working web camera.
- 2 SCUBA/SCBA cylinders with valve.
- Student Kit (mailed to you before class).
- Tool Kit – Please contact Instructor Mark Brooks at least two weeks before class to purchase or borrow (if your department is unable to provide): (812) 824-7234
Participants must be 18 or older to become certified and must be a member of a public safety agency. No previous cylinder inspection experience is required.