SMC Light Steel Locking Carabiner
$37.50 – $44.00
Nearly identical in size and shape as our best selling regular Steel Carabiner. All the components in this SMC Light Steel Locking Carabiner are meticulously hand-finished after machining, resulting in the smooth, free gate action that is the hallmark of all SMC carabiners. In addition, each carabiner is 100% hand-inspected for gate action and other functional characteristics before leaving the SMC factory.
So, when working in an environment where there may be the potential for exposure to corrosive elements, the SMC Lite Stainless Steel Locking Carabiner is the perfect choice.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Manufactured entirely with high quality Steel for trouble-free performance for the life of the carabiner.
- One of the smallest and lightest stainless steel carabiner on the market.
- Sleeve is precisely aligned by hand so that it moves freely and locks on gate not the frame thus prevents jamming upon release under heavy loads.
- Pins are flush-mounted with gate for a virtually snag-free operation.
- Thread design and medium knurl provide a positive action for secure use with gloves yet is easy on bare hands.
- May be purchased either with a Bright Steel (polished) or Black Steel -Oxide finish. NFPA Version or a Stainless Steel version non NFPA
- Made in the USA.
- Stainless steel gate and sleeve
- Ideal for situations requiring the high strength and durability of a steel carabiner, but not the size and weight
- Provides most of the benefits without the weight and bulk typically associated with steel carabiners
- Gate Opening: 0.94″ (23.8mm)
- Length: 4.52″ (145mm)
|8521||Stainless||6.0 oz (170g)||7,418 lbf (33kN)|
|8523||Bright Steel NFPA||6.6 oz (187g)||10,341 lbf (46kN)|
|8524||Black Steel NFPA||6.6 oz (187g)||10,341 lbf (46kN)|