plan and conduct Open Circuit and No-Deco Scuba Dives for water depths up to 130 feet
Deep Dive Operations
Duration – 2 days (16 hours)
Recommended for – Certified Public Safety Divers who may at anytime face operating in environments with water depths greater than 60 feet and up to 130 feet
- All diving personnel must provide proof of Dive Rescue I certification
- At least 18 years of age
- Member of a public safety agency
- Students diving in dry suits must submit proof of dry suit training with registration
- Reading and properly completing the Medical History Statement
Course Registration Form
After completing this program, the Public Safety Diver (PSD) will have established a baseline set of skills and processes, and gained the knowledge to plan and conduct, Open Circuit, No-Deco Scuba Dives for water depths up to 130 feet.
• Review the physics and physiology of diving • Application of deep dives on air supply • Repetitive dives • No-deco dives • Safe descent procedures • Appropriate operational platforms • Narcosis • Safe ascent • Safety stops vs. Deco stops
Note To Applicants
This program is designed for personnel who are physically fit. Participants are encouraged to participate after successfully completing the IADRS Watermanship Test or testing to a fitness level of 13 MET (Metabolic Equivalents) or greater. Participants with aerobic fitness questions or concerns should consult their physician prior to in-water training. Participants who have poor aerobic fitness may attend this program as surface support personnel with the approval of the instructor.