The Underwater Evidence Recovery Operations Specialist is specially trained in more advanced search and recovery techniques. Students will learn how to deal with crime scenes and the difficult task of evidence preservation. This underwater evidence recovery training program introduces students to advanced search patterns, evidence collection, and crime scene equipment & management.
Duration – 2 days (16 hours)
Recommended for – Non-law enforcement divers involved in evidence recovery operations
- Member of a public safety agency
- At least 18 years of age
- Proof of Dive Rescue I specialist certification
- Students diving in drysuits must submit proof of drysuit training with registration
- Reading and properly completing RSTC Medical form
- This program is designed for personnel who are physically fit. Participants are encouraged to participate after successfully completing the IADRS Watermanship Test or testing to a fitness level of 13 MET (Metabolic Equivalents) or greater. Participants with aerobic fitness questions or concerns should consult their physician prior to in-water training. Participants who have poor aerobic fitness may attend this program as surface support personnel with the approval of the instructor.