Download the Ice Rescue Trainer Application
Prepare your department for surface ice rescues by sending a member of your staff to become a certified Dive Rescue International Ice Rescue Trainer. Graduates return to their departments with a complete training program for their agencies. By implementing the program outlined in Dive Rescue International’s Ice Rescue manual and using Ice Rescue Student Kits, Trainers are able to conduct in-house programs for all department personnel. The program also provides your agency with the flexibility to present the program at your convenience, offering you the option of integrating it into your agency’s work schedule.
- Instructor methodology
- Selecting and using specialized equipment
- Ice-rescue protocols
- Various rescue techniques.
Note: This is a surface rescue program only; there will be no diving. This program requires an application prior to registration.
3 days (24 hours)
All public safety personnel
- Sponsorship by a public safety agency
- Current First Aid
- Current CPR training
- 21 years year of age
- Paramedic or EMT certification can be applicable
- This program is designed for personnel who are physically fit. Participants are encouraged to participate after successfully completing the IADRS Watermanship Test or testing to a fitness level of 13 MET (Metabolic Equivalents) or greater. Participants with aerobic fitness questions or concerns should consult their physician prior to in-water training.